LiftMaster Professional Garage Remote Control Keypad How to Coding Instructions
Model 976LM, 977LM, 976LMC, 940CB Security+ Wireless Keyless Entry
For use with any SECURITY+ garage door openers having an amber “learn” button.
Personalized password: Up to 10,000 possible combinations. Password can be easily changes if desired.
Temporary Password: Can be added for visitors or service persons. This temporary password can be limited to a programmable number of hours or a programmable number of entries.
Rolling Code: While your password remains constant until you change it, the code between the Keyless Entry and the receiver changes with each use, randomly accessing over 100 billion new codes.
Operation: Opener activates when 4-digit password and Enter button is pressed.
If wrong numbers are accidentally pressed, correction can be made immediately. The Enter button will transmit only the last four digits.
The Keypad will blink for 15 seconds after the password is transmitted. During that time the Enter button can be used to stop or reverse the door travel.
SETTING THE PERSONAL ENTRY PASSWORD:
We recommend that you program your password now, before you install the Keyless Entry. Then you can test the reception at the mounting location before you proceed further.
USING THE MULTI-FUNCTION DOOR CONTROL:
************* WARNING *************
Moving Door can cause serious injury or death.
· DO NOT install transmitter unless the door operator’s safety reverse works as required by the door operator’s manual.
· Wall control must be mounted in sight of door, at least 5 feet above floor and clear of moving door parts.
· Keep people clear of opening while door is moving.
· DO NOT allow children to play with the transmitter or door operator.
If safety reverse does not work properly:
· Close door then disconnect operator using the manual release handle.
· DO NOT use transmitter or door operator.
· Refer to Door and Door Operators Owner’s Manuals before attempting any repairs.
Electrical Shock can cause serious injury or death.
· Power cord must be unplugged before attaching any wires,
· Be sure wire ends do not touch each other or other terminals.
If you have questions or if you need a manual, contact the distributor or manufacturer of the operator.
USING THE “LEARN” BUTTON
1. Press and release the “learn” button on motor unit. This can be found where you see the antenna wire hanging from the motor head (you may have to take the lens cover off). If antenna wire is not hanging from motor head then you have an external receiver which is a black box approx. 6" x 2" mounted somewhere in the garage with a antenna wire hanging from it (pop off cover to find Learn Code Button). The learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds.
2. Within 30 seconds, enter a four-digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold the ENTER button.
3. Release the button when the motor unit lights blink. It has learned the code. If light bulbs are not installed, two clicks will be heard.
Chooses a convenient location for installation. It should be at eye level. Reachable by the shortest person who will use it, and within sight of the door.
For a one-piece door, install on exterior front wall to avoid injury as the door swings up and out.
Test the reception of the Keyless Entry by operating your opener from the selected location. Change the location if necessary.
Remove the battery compartment cover to access the bottom-mounting hole:
· Insert a small Phillips screwdriver into the small hole at the bottom of the cover and gently pull outward to loosen.
· Slide cover down to remove.
Center the keypad at eye level against the selected location. Mark 4-1/4 “ up the centerline from the bottom and drill a 1/8” pilot hole. Install top mounting screw, allowing 1/8” to protrude above the surface. Position keypad on screw head and adjust for snug fit.
With cover open so bottom-mounting hole is visible, use a punch to mark hole. Remove keypad and drill 1/8” pilot hole. Replace keypad and complete installation with bottom screw, using care to avoid cracking plastic housing. Do not over tighten.
To replace the battery cover, insert the lip at the top and snap in place.
THE KEYLESS ENTRY BATTERY
The 9-volt battery should produce power for at least one year. Replace when the keypad illumination becomes dim. Dispose of old batteries properly.
TO CHANGE AN EXISTING, KNOWN PIN:
If the existing PIN is known, one person may change it without using a ladder.
The opener light will blink twice. Release the # button.
The motor unit lights will blink once when the PIN has been learned.
Test by pressing the new PIN, then press ENTER. The door should move.
TO SET A TEMPORARY PIN:
You may authorize access by visitors or service people with a temporary 4-digit PIN. After a programmed number of hours or number of accesses, this temporary PIN expires and will no longer open the door. It can be used to close the door even after it has expired. To set a temporary PIN:
1) Press the four buttons for your personal entry PIN (not the last temporary PIN), then press and hold the *button.
The opener light will blink three times. Release the button.
2) Press the temporary 4-digit PIN you have chosen, and then press ENTER.
The opener light will blink four times.
3) To set the number of hours this temporary PIN will work, press the number of hours (up to 255), then press *.
To 255), then press #.
The opener light will blink once when the temporary PIN has been learned.
Test by pressing the four buttons for the temporary PIN, then press ENTER. The door should move. If the temporary PIN was set to a certain number of openings, remember that the test has used up one opening. To clear the temporary password, repeat steps 1-3, setting the number of hours or times to 0 in step 3.
SPECIAL NOTE: The temporary password can ONLY be programmed to keypads working on a Chamberlain or Lift-Master Garage Door Opener. It WILL NOT work on keypads programmed to an external receiver.
The temporary password will continue to CLOSE the door even after the time has expired. To eliminate this, program a new temporary password into the keypad.